Save the Date, Sept 26: Sustainability in Action - In Person Meeting in Salinas with Western Growers, PMA, SISC, Sustainable Conservation, and Monterey County Sustainability Working Group
Date: Thursday, September 26th, 2019
Location: CSUMB @ Salinas City Center
1 Main St, Salinas, CA 93901
Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Convene food stakeholders to identify, understand, and put into practice sustainability practices that benefit the planet, people and lead to profitability.
- Provide examples of best practices being done on farms.
- Showcase SISC tool that exist to help implement in house/on farm sustainability program and how they can lead to continuous improvement.
- Create a space for shared learnings, best practices and knowledge transfer, more effectively connecting players from field to fork, and collectively addressing local resource issues and regulatory pressures to ensure long-term agricultural viability.
- Connect participants with how their membership organizations (WG/PMA) will be supporting them in putting sustainability into practice going forward.
Why attend: Learn about solutions to responding to, participating in and new tools for sustainability in fruits and vegetables.
Who should attend: All those involved in the food chain, including growers, processors, input providers and academia.
More info, including full agenda coming soon!